Friday, March 14, 2008

google reader

so i thought i was doing pretty well, getting into the blog world fairly early on and such, but i just discovered google reader a couple of weeks ago and i have to say, it has changed my online world! (thanks bonnie!) this came at a time i was beginning to feel overwhelmed by blogs! it has made things so much easier. although i am probably the last to know, i just wanted to share the joy with any of you fellow stragglers out there.

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

So happy to see you happy!

One Tired Mom said...

Apparently I'm actually the last one to know about it. Thanks for including me. :)

Joe and Amy said...

Do you know if it will work and send updates for/about private blogs? I have a friend here who told me about it a few months ago, but she seemed to think I couldn't use it or have my updated blog show up...with it being private. Do you know?

The Cook Fam said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

spyderette said...

oooh! i'm a straggler! i will have to give it a try today...if i get my cleaning done...

Em said...

i've never heard of it either. you're always introducing me to new sweet things :)

mindi said...

amy-
i haven't been able to get it to work with private blogs either... you could still use it to check non-private ones though. anyone else know a way around this?

Joe and Amy said...

Thanks for the clarification Mindi, I thought I couldn't use it altogether so I've never tried, but I just typed some of the URL's in and it worked! You were right, it wouldn't even list the private ones I typed. Thanks!

Lima Bean said...

Mindi, what a fun tool. Thanks for sharing. Have you heard of google analytics? It tells you how people find your blog and how long they stay and other cool stuff. Check it out:
http://www.google.com/analytics/features.html
But then again, you probably already know this and I'm way behind the times.